Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruise from

I took this cruise May 30 - June 4, 2004. While in the LaScala Theater I sat in some gum. I reported this to the gal in charge of the bingo event, she wasn`t very interested. Had to practically beg her to look at the seat the gum was on. I also reported this to the Guest Relations Supervisor who handed me a card and told me to call the number on the card upon my return home. I asked her name and she wrote it on the back of the card. I called the number in Miami, FL and was told that no report had been filed so nothing could be done. I advised Sebastian, the person I spoke to I had the name of the supervisor that I had reported this to, but he wasn`t interested, just said nothing could be done. I asked for the name of the Vice President, he in turn gave me the name of the president, Mr. Richard Sain. I wrote a letter enclosing the card with the guest supervisors name to Mr. Sain on June 9th and as of this date, July 9th I have heard nothing. I would think out of common courtsey I at least deserved some type of response. The food was mediocre at best. One morning I had eggs benedict, they were cold and the English Muffins were not fresh. Another morning I had scrambled eggs and toast and they were both cold. The lunch menu in the dining room was the same each day, with one lunch special. I had steak for dinner two nights and both times it was tough. The shrimp in the shrimp cocktail were small and not good at all. I was also very disappointed that we didn`t have a lobster night, especially being in lobster country. The amenities in the bathroom were very sparce. There wasn`t any hand lotion, shower cap etc. The water in the shower was cold, but the water in the sink was hot. The Ben & Jerry menu has things listed on it that they didn`t have. The blackjack tournament was unlike any I had every participated in before and wasn`t explained to the participants. The casino staff was cordial and friendly, but they were the only ones with the exception of the stateroom attendant, waiter and assistant waiter. I suspect they were polite and friendly because of the tips. The majority of the staff, I found to be very rude, uncaring, and unfriendly. As I had sailed on Royal Caribbean before I was supposed to have a packet in my stateroom with coupons etc. No such pack was there. I had to go and wait in line at the Crown and Anchor desk to obtain mine. I believe there were supposed to be other perks for past sailers, however I wasn`t informed of them. The shows in the theatre were fair to good, with the Platters being excellent. The shore excursions choices were good, but expensive. I realize most of these complaints are small but when added together they managed to spoil what should have been an enjoyable experience.