An outstanding cruise

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 11, 2008
Ship: Voyager of the Seas
The Voyager is probably the nicest cruise ship I have been on so far. The staff and crew were outstanding, and the itinery was excellent. This was my sixth cruise, so I have a little experience cruising and this one was the best.

The food was delicious. Both in the dining room and in the other locations throughout the ship.

I was treated like a favorite family member by everyone I came in contact with. The staff is exceptional.

Plenty of room, very comfortable and very well cared for.
Pompeii is a very moving experience. The drive along the coast to Amalfi is one of the most beautiful sights in Italy.
Don't Miss: All of it.
This entire excursion was sooo much fun. It was a little long, but part of that was my fault, I got lost for about 20 minutes.
Don't Miss: All of it, Monaco, Eze, Nice, Villefranche, everything.
I have friends in Rome, so that was an added benefit, but Rome is just one big, fabulous living museum. It is one of my favorite cities and one day is not enough for a first time visitor to see everything.
Don't Miss: Vatican City, and Rome itself

Don't Miss: There are so many things to see in Florence and of course, every one wants to see the leaning tower at Pisa.

Pros: The ports of call, especially the fact that only one day was an at sea day, unlike some of the other cruises I have been.

Cons: The excursions I signed up for were a little too long, I missed the first formal night, and the opportunity to be photographed with the captain. This was not anyone else's fault, I misjudged these excursions myself.

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!