Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Great trip to the Med!

Sail Date: October 28, 2006

Room Type: Suite

The trip was great. I wish there was more time in each port. Over night would have been excellent. The excursion prices were a bit high but worth it in the end.

Pros: I love cruising. Everything is at your findertips.

Cons: There wasn't enough time in each port.

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

This ship was great. Easy to get around and not wall to wall shopping.
The food was great. I was a little disappointed with Portofino's restaurant as the service was a bit slow.
I had a jr. suite with 3 other friends. It was a perfect fit.
All we had to do was ask and we had it.
The shows were great. Much better than other RC ships.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
We took the Grand Corniche, Eze and Monaco excursion. Getting to the medieval town of Eze took some strenuous walking up sharp inclines. I can't believe people live there still!
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
I did the Rome on your own excursion. There's way too much to see and huge crowds at every location. Whittle down your must see list because there just isn't enough time.
Naples, Italy
We took the Amalfi drive and Pompeii excursion. The Amalfi drive portion of the trip was disappointing as all it is was drive through the 12 towns that make up "the Amalfi drive". Pompeii was great but had way too many crowds from our boat there at the same time.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
We took the Florence and Pisa excursion. There wasn't nearly enough time to do both towns.We didn't have time to go into any of the items of interest listed on the excursion at either town.
Marseille (Provence), France
I took the Aix En Provence excursion. My only complaint was it was a 1/2 day trip. You could have added another 2 hours easily.