jallaway Cruise Review on Vision of the Seas on Jan 19, 2019

Vision of the Seas

Sail date: January 19, 2019

Ship: Vision of the Seas

Review summary

This ship met all my expectations, except for a very serious deficiency. I know my long sad story will make thousands never want to cruise again. But, it must be said. Those that seek the signature sandwich of Royal Caribbean must know! The first day of my cruise, I went to the Park cafe and asked for a Kummelweck. The guy said he could make me a roast beef sandwich and did not know the thing what I spoke of. The next day, I left a comment card for the cruise director about the matter. On the next morning's show, I could see him with my card. Flashing it, taunting me, during his fifteen minutes of chit-chat. Then he says, "we only had my note last night - but then he doesn't read it. Very suspicious and, once again, NO Kummelweck. That night, my dining room waiter said go to the Park cafe for the Kummelweck. It will be there. They have it. So the next day, I go back and what do they say? "We never hear of this sandwich you call the Kummelweck." My suspicions of a conspiracy were tingling when another comes out and says, "Kummelweck, yes, that's on room service." Finally satisfied, I return to my room, open the room service menu. NO Kummelweck. And so, dejected, my cruise had come to an end. On the last day I went to the Park Cafe and there, in front of the sandwich man, was the sign of my quest: "Kummelweck Sandwich". I tell the man: "make me a Kummelweck!" He replies, "what's that?"