Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Floating Holiday Inn

Sail Date: October 08, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Vision of the Seas is a good ship with a pleasant and happy team of staff led by the equally pleasant Captain Marek. However, you get what you pay for. The food is good but not excellent. Likewise the entertainment and overall feel of the ship. I paid Holiday Inn prices and as such I was more than satisfied with what I got. The all-you-can-eat (and believe me there are several heaving examples of people with food piled high) dining room, The Windjammer, is the predictable buffet quality of food. The main dinning room, The Aquarius, is better (as it should be) but is often a little disappointing in terms of the taste of the food. The presentation, however, is rather good and the service excellent. If they have the Breaded prawns on your cruise definitely order two portions...they were delicious! In terms of entertainment it lacks a bit of creativity or passion. Yes the entertainment team is very good and they are very energetic but the serve up the usual cheezey cruise ship type of activities without putting much further thought into it. Inparticular I think an opportunity was lost in not screening movies the night before a port of call where the movie was either filmed there or was somehow related to the next days shore stop (i.e.: Captain Corelli's Mandolin the night before getting to Argostoli or Shirley Valentine before Myconos.) Something like that being added to the entertainment programme would have really added to my enjoyment of the cruise as I am not a sing and dance / exercise / gambling type person. Other than that Vision of the Seas is a very good middle of the road cruise and represents fairly good value for money.

The cabin was an inside (cheap) and therefore was more than fine for what I paid for.
Venice, Italy
Go to the viewing deck of the newly opened Fondesca dei Tedeski near Rialto bridge
Kotor, Montenegro
Go and see Perast. It's better than Kotor

If the Aquarius Dinning Room serves Breaded Shrimp...order two. They are delicious!