Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Fabulous Itinerary, Tired Ship

Sail Date: November 30, 2015

I have been cruising around the Caribbean for over 45 years and this was the first time I've been to Bonaire.  Those I spoke with who did the "around-the-island" tour seemed to truly enjoy it, although the weather was hot (90+).  Of course, Aruba and Curacao were beautiful as always.

The Vision of the Seas could use some upgrades - old carpet, old bathrooms, old pillows and mattresses.  The bathroom sink in our cabin had been replaced with one that sat 6-8 inches above the counter and almost touching the faucet - very awkward.  Our cabin (3046) was very small in comparison to others in the same category.  No sofa, just a very worn chair.  The pillows were awful.  Had there been a convenient Walmart, we would have bought our own pillows.  The beds were lumpy as well.  I would have preferred a deck chair.

The staff on the ship was wonderful - all of them.  The food on the ship was fantastic!  This was one of the most attentive groups of people we've ever had on a cruise.  The captain was always walking around the ship meeting people, having his picture taken, even putting on a show for us (twice) with his singing talents including a solo of "I'll be watching you".  And he's young and handsome besides.Love

I will definitely do this itinerary again next fall.  And take my own pillow.

Plenty of closet space and drawers. Bathroom, well, it's a cruise ship. Bring your own pillow.
Embarkation was as expected. Disembarkation was a joke. They had all the self-assist guests and transfer guests waiting in the same area. The transfer guests couldn't get into the Masquerade Theatre to sit down because of the self-assist guests blocking the entrance. It was handled very poorly.
Children's Programs N/A
Tampa, Florida
Never drive from Atlanta to Tamps on I-75 on the Sunday after Thanksgiving!
Key West, Florida
Kralendijk, Bonaire
Willemstad, Curacao
Oranjestad, Aruba
George Town, Grand Cayman
I went to the dentist. His fees were reasonable and covered by my travel insurance. He was cute, too.

The shore excursions are pricey, but a fairly good value. Taxis in every port were very expensive. Don't miss the solarium. It's wonderful. If you don't fit well in the cabin shower, you can use the ones in the spa which are very roomy and nice. Good place to shave your legs, ladies.