Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

A nice cruise!

Sail Date: July 15, 2015

This is not the best or newest ship on the seas but it was a very nice trip for 12 days. I think where this ship stands out is the staff. The entertainment director, Mercedes, was very nice. They had good trivia and a lot to do onboard and most of the staff was very accommodating.

The negatives - my travel agent told me they had laudry facitilies on this ship. They don't. I found out none of the RC ships do now. Instead they overcharge you to have a Tshirt washed. The nickel and diming onboard as well can be a bit extreme but is pretty  normal for cruising. The wifi was $20 a day which could be worse I suppose but for 12 days for a cruise we had a $240 wifi bill.

The ship was clean but our stateroom had a strange smell to it and the stateroom attendant, while nice, wasn't really that great.

The excursions were okay with the exception of the shuttle boat to Venice. It was $28 RT per person per day - and was about 105 degrees. One guest had complained that his son was throwing up from the heat and the motion of the boat.

Cruise Photos

Strange smelling cabin

They have a $30 laundry bag deal mid week - you can stuff as much as you can in for $30 instead of paying the overpriced laundry rates.

1 Comment