Not as expected

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 07, 2015
Ship: Vision of the Seas

Staff and food as good as I remember it from years past: very friendly and accommodating staff; food consistently good with great variety/choices almost any time of the day or night.

As for the rest, it was all 'selling up' at every turn: drink package? Well, even when some items are listed as 'in range' of the quoted item price, in some areas they are not available... so, for a week, I heard "not in your package' or 'extra charge' and repeated consulting with 'the manager' to accommodate an 'exception'  Frankly, I am done buying used cars for a reason!  Dinner interrupted to run the card at every drink... do they think I was going to jump ship or something???

And the room: nowhere was noted that it was right under a storage area (I guess) busy 24/7 moving every possible piece of heavy equipment available (impossible to rest).

Excursions were average to mediocre: rushed at best, some did not merit a tip.

And... no longer able to pick any item from the menu, now we have 'extra charge' items, even in the main dining rooms... no thanks.

Summary: the people/staff try really hard to salvage a pathetic marketing strategy, but is not working with me, so long RC.

Immaculate, awesome cabin staff.

As noted, staff is great and so is the food. If you want to shop for jewelry or diamonds, this is your ship, you will get sick of hearing about all the deals though.