Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Ship Looks Great, but you better BYOB

Sail Date: May 01, 2014

We boarded the ship and were impressed with the updates and how nice the state rooms were compared to the pictures on the RC website\, I was expecting some Golden Girls decor but we were pleasantly surprised with the updates throughout the ship. Good Job RC!

Unfortunately the Vision seemed to have issues with staffing and product on our cruise. Majority of my party bought a drink package of some kind and that was for the most part the worst violator of the cruise. In port preparing to leave for our cruise there was literally the pool bar open and the entire ship was there attempting to order a beverage. What a nightmare. Even the soda package guests had to order through the bar which I thought was just bizarre considering children have this package and I would not want my child having to fight to get to a bar to order a soda where are the drink stations?? Finally after standing in line for a good 30 minutes to order a drink I am told that they are out of my first option\, a mojitono limes\, alright I understand\, lime shortage. Next beverage I order is a Sam Adams\, that's a no go as well finally I order something called a Japanese Collins they are out of the mixer. I am not kidding folks. This was a reoccurring issue our entire cruise. I settle on the drink of the day. This happened throughout the cruise to the point were it became a game we played\, or how often could we be told no when ordering a drink on a menu because they did not have a mixer at that barbut the drink was on the menu. Just wacky-nunu kinda stuff. This was all cruise\, fighting for a drink or standing in long never moving lines\, and I am not talking just an adult beverage but for anything. The best part was the Guest Services really did not seem to care.

The food shortageokay there really was not a food shortage but when on a smaller boat prepare yourself with snacks because they will close that Windjammer for hours at a time with no other food options besides room service(with wait times

Pros: Renovated Ship

Cons: Understaffed\, not friendly\,

Recommends Vision of the Seas? No.