Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Once upon a time I had patience

Sail Date: May 01, 2010

I will start at that I am not a malicious person nor am I rude; and if am I try my best to appologize for such actions. This is not directed at anyone in particular, This is simply my truthful statements of my cruise experience. The ship was sort of clean some cabinets could have done better. However I must start with I am a young husband just married and this was my first cruise on our honeymoon to see Europe a dream I've had since I was little. We arrived in Oslo to find out that the ship was coming to port with a pandemic of over 500 people sick from food poisoning. This should have been my first clue. We arrived on board and were not allowed to our cabins for five hours over everyone else. Upon arrival half of the papers that we required to learn everything that there is to know were not delivered...This included a form that was required at the port I'll ecplain later. I later was sick with diarrhea, and was told the medical staff would welcome you with open arms. HAH...They accused me of not filling out the form which I repeat I NEVER RECEIVED! Which then they told me that I would be removed from the ship at the next port of call. People I am an honest man, I'm even an Eagle scout #307 of Troop 35. At dining we were unable to find our seats for an entire half an hour and were walked around the dining area 24 times looking for our seats only to find that an elderly couple decided to just sit in our seats and remove the visible number, which they then proceded to have them sit at the table just next to ours...oh and watch the tensions build. Now lastly, I turned in all of my alcohol I purchased, followed the rules. I am missing three bottles of scotch I purchased from Scotland herself which I cannot replace why am I missing them? Because they never gave them back to me! Also I packed a parcel of small vodkas I purchased from the ship in my bag on the day of departure. Once I got to the airport I double checked my bags quickly to find that those five bottles were missing. Lastly I was told that to have tax money returned from shops that would allow it I could have that done on the ship, which I was then carted around on the last day to only find that the airport would do this for me, once at the airport, they told me the ship was supposed to have done it, there's a good $150.00 I'll never see again. Only a few people on board were genuine people the rest well were just the rest. Most fun my wife and I had was in the pool. I DO NOT reccomend this cruiseline, I will NOT forgive or remorse for my words I have said. Cruises are simply for the rich, and not for us poor average people who get duped into seing the world for a false promise.

Pros: My list of cons outweighs the lot

Cons: Where should I begin being accused of lying or even more accused

Recommends Vision of the Seas? No.

Again cleanliness was fair. Layout was also fair, decor was unique however I'm not a fan of what they call modern art. Accessibility was only as good as the passengers would allow. I'm sorry the majority of people in this world are cattle and only as smart as such.
Food was good if you love eating in a caffeteria. Dinners though gormet lacked most flavors I expected. Convenience of dining times were rather aweful! I will applaud the room service staff they were always nice prompt and you could never ever order too much :). Oh and in America Soda's are usually no more than a dollar fifty....$5.95 is murder. Ice in drinks is nice too, which they apparently do not believe in.
The stateroom was nice except the bath. There was grime in some places, the shampoo dispencer got knocked off the wall because the shower is smaller than a small closet. I bring this up because that dispencer was then in five pieces and everyone of them was filthy in the spots that arent visible to the eye. Taking those apart and cleaning properly once in a while is not difficult. Trust me I took it apart again and put it back together.
Most people were friendly but the others were snobby or artificial in manner. Most were friendly we made two very good friends on the voyage that were the crew. Those that were snobby were the ones answering the kind of DUHH!!! questions I had to ask; because again I told you we did not receive the forms that answer all the questions for idiots like me.
Had some good shows but did not go to them because I simply just don't love elvis or elton john. The art auctions were cool if they are in fact authentic pieces. But lord forbid if you don't buy anything. Shops had some nice things but again I'm a lowly construction worker who just wanted a fun time. Eight dollars for deoderant is pushing it. There were two other major things that bugged me, first off that the television programs were in Norwegian, or had Norwegian subtitles, which were a big distraction. Second, all of the paperwork we did recieve(instructions, activities, excursions, etc.) were delivered in Norwegian, then we had to wait a day for them to be delivered in English, because they wouldn't just give them to us. This caused us to miss out on some excursions and activities.
I have no children yet, so I am unsure of what the programs are like. I can however say that a lot of the activities I noticed were mostly adult only. A child cannot gamble, or bid on art, nor would most children I know be interested in most of the shows they had.