Vision - Mexican Riviera

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: March 01, 2006
Ship: Vision of the Seas
This was my third cruise with RCI and this ship was my least favorite. I found maintenance to be an issue on the ship as several toilets and one sliding glass door were our of order for the duration of the cruise. I found that the older, Splendour of the Seas, was a much nicer ship and seemed to be in far better condition than the Vision.

Captain George was fantastic though...what a personality! He treated us to a beautiful sunset departure from Cabo San Lucas that I will never forget.

There was nothing special about the food on this crusie. I kept expecting the morning breakfasts in the Windjammer Cafe to change, but they remained the same throughout the cruise. The afternoon lunches in the Windjammer often featured fish that was so dry, I couldn't eat it. The food in the dining room was better than the Windjammer but paled in conparision to the dinning experience on both the Adventure of the Seas and the Slendour of the Seas.

The shows were what you would expect. The comedian was very funny. I did not care for the crusie director nor his wife, who also worked on the cruise director staff. I felt each of them tried to steal the show from the REAL performers, the singers and dancers.

If I was rating this solely on our cabin attendent it would have rated "The Best". John was fantastic! He always greated by name and with a smile. He kept our room neat and orderly. As the cabin was so small, it got messy very fast. Beyond John and Capt. George, no other member of the crew stood out as exceptional.

This ship just did not seem to be up to par with other RCI ships that I've cruised aboard. It just lacked that elegant feel that you'd expect from an RCI cruise. Because it was newer and larger than the Sleandour of th Seas , which I crusied on the year prior, I expected more. I found the Slendour to be a far superior ship.

The stateroom was SMALL! The cruise was very affordable, so I'm sure that is why the stateroom was smaller than we're used to. As niether of us is very large, it worked ok, but I can't see a couple of any large size being able to live comfortably in that stateroom for 7 days.

Pros: The views outside of the Schooner Bar

Cons: I've found the food on other RCI ship much better