Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

"Royal" Caribbean

Sail Date: September 28, 2008

Room Type: Suite

I loved the accommodations on the ship. The food was fantastic and the activities were varied and abundant. The vendors providing services on shore seemed to be constantly harping about tips. I have no problem with tipping but I let the service provided speak for itself. I felt like I was required to pay twice for these services after the obligatory pledge drive at each stop and each tour. Having said that I still believe I received value for the money I spent on the cruise and the on-board experience more than made up for any negative experiences. I would sign up again in a minute.

Pros: I loved the service and accommodations on-board thge ship.

Cons: Constant pandering for gratuities.

Recommends Vision of the Seas? Yes!

The first few days were incredible but the last couple of days they seemed to stretching their supplies. None of the meals were bad but some were fairly plain in comparison to the first meals served.
Unless you are going to order room service a lot, the room attendant was friendly and willing but almost seemed to be ambiguous and in the way, attempting to clean a clean room twice a day.
Instructional quality of the tour and activities was good. The on-board experience was better by far and less promotional. The shore tours always seemed to end with a margarita, a jewelry sale and a plea for tips.
Always clean and well appointed. The ship design and deck plans were well thought out.
The food service was incredible. Even in a buffet line, servers were at your beck and call to pick up missing items, provide drinks and suggest the best entrees.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
The boat ride around lands end was great but the scenic drive was pretty much a waste of time.
Don't Miss: The restaraunt where no food wasa provided
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
This tour was very informative and had an opportunity to sample the local food.
Mazatlan, Mexico
There was more information to offer on the tour but still ended in a jewelry shop with a Margarita.
Don't Miss: The jewelry shop