Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Great until the end

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

This was our first cruise. Everything on the ship was great. I loved being able to try different kinds of food without having to pay for it. The staff was great and very friendly. We had a favorite waiter in one of the bars. We tried to always make sure he got our drink order whenever we were near there. The best thing about cruising is not having anything to do. You can do a lot or nothing. It is all up to you. I am a stay at home mom and I watch 4 kids all day. It was great not having to cook, clean, do laundery or chase after kids all day. I loved it.
The only thing that made me really mad about this ship was how the departure went. We had a flight at 11:30am and they did not let us off the ship until about 10am. Needless to say we did not make our flight home and had to pay another $50 each to get a different flight. I was not very happy about that to say the least.

Pros: The food

Cons: Not as big as I would have liked

Recommends Vision of the Seas? Yes!

The size was a little smaller then I expected. I get motion sickness and people told me if the ship was bigger I wouldn't have felt it as much. I was ok as long as I was on the lower decks. The ship was clean and the decor was fine. Nothing exceptional. We explored the whole ship the first day at sea and then there was nothing else to see.
Some of the entertainment was great and some not so great. the singers were not all that good. We did like the first night of Karaoke. That was really funny.
The food in the dining room was great. The one thing I didn't like was that if you didn't eat in the dining room you couldn't get any real food. It was all junk food. And that was not all that great.
For the price the room was great. We got an inside room and i was glad we did because I think if it had a window I would have been sick all the time. I also liked that it was so dark you could have slept all day because you never could tell what time it was. The bed was a little hard for me but not too bad. The size of the room was fine and the location I thought was great. It was on deck 2 and towards the back so I wasn't able to feel the ship move as much.
Everyone was great.