Loved it Loved it Loved it!

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Vision of the Seas

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

Ship: Vision of the Seas

Cabin Type: Suite

Review Summary

This was our first cruise, and we found the ship to be absolutely amazing! We were actually wondering going into this cruise if we might feel out of place, because we are not yet retired, and not yet seniors. However, this ship and the people who operate her have something for people of all ages. I actually expected the ship to be larger, but now I am glad it wasn't. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We made many new friends hope to see them again on another cruise soon. I actually won the bingo jackpot on the last day at sea, but would have loved the cruise even if I didn't. I did take a bit of a beating in the casino though...

Ship Experiences

I didn't think it was possible to get tired oif desserts, but by Day 9 I was pretty much done with them. We had most of our breakfasts and lunches in the Windjammer buffet and found the food to be very satisfying. Quite a varied menu, kept us intrigued on a daily basis. All our dinners were in the Aquarius ding room, and the food there was excellent. We enjoyed the themes that changed nightly, and it was fun to dress formally for dinner, something we rarely do at home.

I won the bingo jackpot! Enough said!

The people who work on these ships are amazing. We experienced a level of service we've not encountered before. From the time we stepped ontpo the ship to the time we stepped off, we didn't have to worry about a thing, and that is what a vacation is all about.

I can't imagine traveling any other way. The ship was large, clean and beautiful. I found the layout very easy to manage once I got a feel for it. There was a strange smell on the outdoor upper decks about mid-ship, not sure what that was about, and the smoking in the casino and Schooner bar was a bit much, but live and let live...

We had a Junior suite and loved it. Very spacious room with a balcony, nicely appointed, perfectly comfortable, and kept immaculate by our very attentive cabin attendant.

Pros: The staff, the service, and the views were all wonderful.

Cons: I was told to expect all the amenities of a fine hotel, but found that there was no shampoo or conditioner available. Also, I was a little bothered about having to pay extra for bottled water.

1 Comment