Viking Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Gastrointestinal illness spread on ship

Sail Date: July 01, 2012

Many of the cruise passengers became ill with a gastrointestinal illness. I missed two days of the week long cruise in bed with nausea and vomiting and was not well for the remainder of the cruise. The ship's crew could have done more to minimize the spread of the gastrointestinal virus. The buffet for breakfast and lunch should have been shut down and only table service allowed since the virus can be easily transmitted through the buffet utensils. We were offered very little in compensation by Viking. We were offered the same discount toward a future cruise as anyone looking to sail on the cruise line. I was very disappointed in the way the who issue was handled and would never travel on Viking again.

Pros: I know Uniworld is far superior to Viking

Cons: Food and handling of gastrointestinal illness

Recommends Viking Spirit? No.

Uniworld ships are far superior
Portions very small and would have liked more local food
Poor compared to Uniworld
I was disappointed that a raffle to raise money for a party for the ship's crew was considered entertainent, even though I won a refrigerator magnet.