Comfortable Ship

Veendam Cruise Review to Bermuda

Veendam
7 Night Bermuda (Boston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 10, 2017
Ship: Veendam

I read many negative reviews of the Veendam  but I took a chance because of the itinerary. I was pleasantly surprised. This is one of the most pleasant cruises I've ever taken. Yes the ship is old but it was refurbished six years ago.  I had an  Oceanview state room that had a full sofa in it. With the foam mattress topper, the bed was more comfortable than my bed at home. I had no problems with the cabin, 540,   The only other  HAL  ship I have been on is the Eurodam.  I like the layout of the ship much better. I loved the Explorations Cafe.  The leather chairs were all comfortable. The view was great. The library was incredibly well stocked and there was always a chair to be had. I love the size of the ship. All of the crew were incredibly  Nice. I read that the food was not as good on the ship as other HAL ships.  I have not one bad experience. In fact, the food was better than any cruise ship I have been on including the Queen Mary 2.  If you don't like a few scuffs and scratches and prefer shiny new ships, don't take this one. But if instead you want a comfortable, relaxing cruise with great food,  by all means choose the Veendam.  The itinerary was great. I loved being docked right in Hamilton. Bermuda is worth a visit for anyone who loves islands.

The cabinet believe room, about sub in the bathroom as well as a shower, a full-size sofa, and the other usual items. The bed with a foam topper was more comfortable than my bed at home. The Oceanview window was large. I love having the view and the light coming in through there.

If you like libraries on ships, this is the second best I have encountered. Only the Queen Mary 2 has a library rival this one. There are plenty of blocks games in the exploration café.