Ripped off by

Veendam Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Veendam

15 Night Panama Canal Westbound (Ft. Lauderdale To San Diego)

Sail date: November 20, 2016

Ship: Veendam

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 802

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

On Nov 7th the advertised price was $799 each. I did not check the confirmed price until I got home as we discussed the price with Carmen. We got charged $1,018 each or $220 more per person than what I booked. Carmen said the price had not changed. Had I been told the price changed, I would have book with Princess instead. This is totally unacceptable. I have left 2 messages with Carmen with no response.

The ship was older with lots of maintenance issues. There was some good entertainment and what made the cruise special was every night with Jeremy, the Piano man.

Until I get the price issue corrected, I will never us nor Holland America again.

Ship experiences

Not many activities we cared for.

no need for.

Our room stewart was excellent. The open dining was a challenge. For 8 nights the person assigning tables put us right beside the waiter table where I got food that hit me from the waiter. We only did the dining room at night and did not go the final night.

Cabin was great and so was our room stewart.

Ship tip

Make sure you confirm your price before you do final confirmation as the price increased while booking without agent telling us.