Veendam Cruise Review to Bermuda

Purser

Worst cruise I ever was on!

Sail Date: June 18, 2016

I took my Dad on his 1st cruise ever & we went to Bermuda. We did get an up grade but we were not informed until we were embarking the ship. Our luggage tags had our old room #. They assured us the cruise line would take care of it. Hours later when our luggage still hadn't arrived I went down to the lower deck and there was our luggage all by itself in a corner. Since I had a medical condition at that time, I had to ask for help to lug the 2 larger cases and I pulled the smaller 1 myself!

I ordered a special gift for my Dad to arrive the 2nd day. It didn't! I called customer service, they said they'd look into it, it still didn't arrive. The next day I stood in line at customer service and they said they would personally take care of it! On the 4th day my Dad finally got his gift! No longer a surprise and I was totally aggravated. We also had a problem with our air conditioning in our room!!! They called every day to see if it was fixed and I answered "NO" so they gave us a small fan. Since there's only 1 plug in the whole cabin I continually tripped over the damn cord! Then I found out that some other cruise members were compensated $250 for the inconvenience of no air while my father and I only received $175. I was livid!!!

They also allow kids to jump in the pools and hot tubs (children are not allowed in the hot tubs) and do cartwheels and run around in the night clubs to all hours of the night! There was no music playing in the main pool area. You just heard kids screaming. There are signs stating children are to be supervised by their parents at all times but no one enforces it. I did mention this to customer service but they could care less. They made a few mistakes on the final bill too! I spent more time on the phone and in line with customer service than spending time with my Father. It was awful!

Other than the Pinnacle restaurant and the guitar player Mike, and the bartenders and waiters and waitresses there is nothing nice to say about the Holland America cruise to Bermuda!

I was up graded to room #196. My cabin and trip would have been wonderful if the air conditioner worked, and customer service did there job and fixed the problem and if you can't then compensate not with a cheap meal with $$$
That was at least fast!
Ships decor is very beautiful! My toilet smelled all the time so I ended up cleaning it myself! and the plastic bathmat was so grungy I took it out and didn't use it :(
If there weren't enough people they canceled out on you! We went on 1 excursion, Bermuda triangle snorkel & the boat broke down on the way back
Poor shows, crappy gambling, horrible piano player. Mike the guitarist from South Africa was GREAT!
Where they should have put the children!
Stupid dancers, A Magician come on??? Very poor quality shows
Customer service was good for nothing! the real workers were GOLD!
The buffet and the Pinnacle restaurant had great food! NO good desserts anywhere!
Boston, Massachusetts