Disapointment in

Eastern / Southern Caribbean
Sail Date: February 07, 2016
Ship: Veendam
Cabin Type: Suite

I have several complaints.

1. When I booked this trip I specifically requested a hotel that provided pickup at the airport and transportation to the ship.  I was told by Laura Graziano that this was provided and I should call the Hotel the morning I was to arrive to make arrangements to be picked up.  When I called the hotel they informed me they do not provide this service.  After and hour on the phone with one of your agents I was informed there was nothing they could do.  It ended up costing us and extra $90.

2.  I specifically asked the all costs be prepaid since I did not want to incur any extra trip related expenses with the exception of drinks and purchases made at on board shops.  To my surprise  each day a gratuity fee of $13.50 was added to each of our statements.  When I questioned the Holland America staff I was told they do not offer prepaid gratuity packages.   This ended up with an additional expense of $189.50 each.

3. I was directed to a Shore Excursions website to secure land excursions saying they were cheaper than booking thru Holland America.  This was not true.  Were HA provided transportation to the excursion site we had to pay and extra $71 in cab fare.

4. Once booked call to Laura were never returned.

5. I asked for a copy of email that was to be sent to Laura re item #1 and never received it.

I feel that should reimburse my sister and I for the additional expenses of this trip.  It is  a considerable amount that we were not expecting.

to pay .