Veendam Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Contributor Level: Third Mate

No comparison to the Eurodam

Sail Date: August 29, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Let me begin by saying that I took my first Holland America cruise, solo- 21 days aboard the MS Eurodam, and the experience was outstanding in every way. This encouraged me to book another HAL cruise, with my husband- a 7 day Canada/New England cruise aboard the MS Veendam. The two experiences could not have been more of a contrast. I was embarrassed on a daily basis that I had told him how wonderful a cruise with HAL would be, and actually apologized to him multiple times each day, because so many things went wrong on the cruise on the Veendam. The crew in general (but mainly Front Office and wait staff) were incompetent, untrained and inexperienced. It seemed to us, and many fellow passengers, that the Veendam was a sort of “training ship”.

good location, near, but not right next to elevators. convenient to dining room

Don’t book a cruise on this type of ship. I think the newer, Vista class ships have more experienced crew.

1 Comment