Veendam Cruise Review to Bermuda

Very Nice Experience

Sail Date: July 24, 2011

The ship was very clean. The dining room and show rooms were fairly impressive for a ship of this size. I would have liked an adult pool or adult swim time. The pool area on the Lido deck does have a retractible roof which is nice feature.

Pros: The staff was very attentive and friendly

Cons: I really had no complaints whatsoever.

Recommends Veendam? Yes!

I haven't sailed on one of the larger ships, however, I think that the Veendam is a good size and that it has more than sufficient amenities for its passengers.
I preferred eating in the main dining room as opposed to the buffet on the Lido Deck. My best meal was at the Pinnacle (the Cirque) and the Italian Restaurant (Canneleto) was also very good.
We were in one of the new Veranda Suites on Deck 10 located at the extreme stern. This was very cozy and private. The balcony is a bit larger than the balconies on the port or starboard veranda suites.
Everyone was very attentive, friendly and helpful. I was impressed that the cabin attendants knew our names.
I think that the overall entertainment was very good, some shows better than others.
Hamilton, Bermuda
This is the best location to access all of Bermuda. I recommend Horshoe Bay for its beaches.
Don't Miss: Horeshoe Bay, the Gibbs Lighthouse.
St. George's, Bermuda
There are some interesting museums and St. Peter's Church should be seen.
Don't Miss: I would recommend the beaches near St. Catherine's fort and to see the wench ducking (dunking at 12:00 noon).