Veendam Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

VEENDAM April 19-29, 2007 Mediteranean

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

When i sent my parents to Holland America for their Anniversary, they mentioned about how great the service and food was. It so happened another couple who are friends of mine mentioned the same thing, when i asked how it compared with other cruiselines. They mentioned how Holland America was better... donʻt ask me which other cruiseline...

I decided to choose Holland America as my cruiseline for my Honeymoon. Iʻve cruised before, but this was a first for my wife. While onboard the Veendam, the constant response iʻve received from people who have cruised between 5 and 20(!!), is that my wife will no longer settle for anything less than Holland... and that itʻs tough to find another cruiseline with comparable service in relation to price. I was pleasantly suprised but at the same time hoping that this would be the case in my choosing this ship & itinerary for our Honeymoon. The ship in comparison to others that iʻve "cruised" with is modest in size, However, it allows for Service...that was just outstanding... My wife and I actually missed going back to our cabin when the cruise was over. Maybe itʻs due to the destination (Mediteranean), but you will NOT find loud obnoxious adults nor whining children(we do love children btw...) EXCELLENT ALL AROUND... you can read more regarding 2 experiences regarding the service...

Pros: Service, service, service

Cons: Venice port not well marked... NOT the fault of the Cruiseline

Recommends Veendam? Yes!