Veendam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Something special

Sail Date: December 09, 2006

When I entered the ship I was greeted with smiles and the desire of the crew and staff to please. They were very informative about not only the day to day activities, scheduled meals (times and areas) and anything of interest to the cruise customers, but information about what was happening in the world and various countries. If there were any on board sales, it was broadcast over the intercom. Dailey evening dress attire was listed on the newsletter indicating the various activeties hourly on board the ship. I did not read any reviews about this, but having traveled on Holland American Cruise Line before, I knew it would be excellent. I can personally say, I never heard a cross word or profanity on my entire cruise from either the officers, staff and customers.

Pros: The entire cruise , The service, staff, officers, crew, the entertainment, cleanliness of the ship and accomdations, cabin stewart (always with a smile and very customer oriented.

Cons: I can not answer question since there was nothing I didn`t like.

Recommends Veendam? Yes!

Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
Since my wife is disabled and in a wheel chair, we took a bus tour of the area, which was conducted by the local tour directed and enjoyable. Unfortunately we , due to her condition, were unable to go to the other activities offered at this port.
Belize City, Belize
On this cruise Belize city was under construction and therefore the only area I could visit was the port, which was fair.
Don't Miss: None to my knowledge
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We again were only able to go ashore to the area closest to the port. This area reminded me of Cuzumel, and we enjoyed it verymuch. Esspiecally the hagling for the merchandise.
Don't Miss: I cannot comment on this since we were unable to tour any other areas in the port. However if it any like the commercial area, I`m sure it was great.
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala