Veendam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Relaxing Cruise

Sail Date: February 22, 2009

This ship was built in 1996 and is showing signs of wear, at least in our cabin. I was told by the ship's staff that the ship was heading to drydock to be refitted in March, 2009. The food quality is the best I've enjoyed on any of the 7 cruises I've taken. We took this trip to relax in the sun away from the Northern weather and our expectations were met.

Pros: I liked the relaxing atmosphere and the food was excellent

Cons: I didn't like having to wait in the ship terminal in Tampa until 2 pm to board. There wasn't adequte food and drink in the terminal.

Recommends Veendam? Yes!

Our main deck, outside stateroom was of modest size and fairly worn and I killed a cockroach in the stateroom. Perhaps this will be improved when the ship is refitted this month.
The front office staff was excellent. The hours of the portrait photographers on formal night were inflexible and interferred with our dinning times.
The public areas are very well maintained.
The best food of the 7 cruises I've taken. All dining options are available (fixed early and late seating) as well as open seating and informal open dining in the Lido buffet.