A SO, SO EXPERIENCE

Veendam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 16, 2006
Ship: Veendam
I AM 42 YEARS OLD AND THIS WAS MY 9TH CRUISE AND FIRST ON HOLLAND AMERICA. I WAS SOMEWHAT BORED. I FEEL YOUR CRUISE LINE CATERS TO AN ELDERY CROWD AND YOUNGER PEOPLE DON'T HAVE MUCH TO DO ONBOARD. I

THE FOOD WAS AVERAGE

THE SHOWS WEREN'T VERY GOOD. MY HUSBAND AND I WALK OUT OF A COUPLE OF THEM IT WASN'T VERY ENTERTAINING

MY CHILDREN ( AGE 7& 9) LOVED CLUD HAL. THE STAFF WAS AWSOME AND THE THE ACTIVITIES WERE GREAT.

OUR CABIN STEWARD WAS GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL CONSIDERING WE HAD TO CALL HIM ALMOST EVERY DAY AND THREE TIMES ON FRIDAY BECAUSE THE TOILET WASN'T WORKING PROPERLY. IT WAS VERY ANNOYING AND UNSANITARY TO CONSTANTLY HAVE A BROKE TOILET.
THE DINNING ROOM STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY. THEY INTERACTED WITH THE CHILDREN ALOT AND TRIED THEIR BEST TO ACCOMIDATE US.

THE ROOM WAS A GOOD SIZE WITH AMPLE DRAW AND CLOSET SPACE.

Don't Miss: DUNNS RIVER

Don't Miss: DUNNS RIVER

Pros: STAFF WAS FRIENDLY, CHILDREN LOVED CLUB HAL

Cons: NOT ENOUGH ACTIVITIES, TOO MUCH DOWN TIME

Recommends Veendam? No.