Veendam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Had a Great Time!

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

I loved my cruise. I am only 14 years old and was 11 at the time (disregard the Sailing Date because I can't select Dec. 2004!) and was in heaven when I boarded the ship and was directed (with an orchestra playing) to my cabin. The best aspect of my room was that it was located on Verandah deck. If you look closely at the deck plans, you will see a small hallway at the front of the ship. My family was staying in 4 of those rooms. It was quiet, with only 1 other person staying in that hallway, and away from the long, main hallway. Truly a hidden gem. Loved everything! If you are bringing kids, (I hope they still have it) you can buy this card for one price and your kid (and maybe adults too!) can use that card to buy soda whenever you want without having it charged to your room. Very convenient although I drank a little too much soda. ;-)

Pros: Staff, Food, Overall feel of the ship, Room tucked away down a hallway

Cons: I was so thankful to be on a cruise I didn't even think about negatives!

Recommends Veendam? Yes!

Only bad aspect of the cruise. Most shows were okay, but the first night was god-awful! The people just couldn't sing, I left with my mom because we were next to a speaker and it was making weird noises plus the voices were terrible.
The activities looked lame so I just met people around the ship and hung out with them. I'm sure it was better than "Dance Night."
Clean, clean, and more clean!
I loved the dining room and the twinkling ceiling. I love the effect it makes! Delicious food and the waiters were awesome.
Sometimes, I would escape from all the activity and climb into the window area (there is a small window sill..I guess you could call it) and sit and watch the sea go by. I did that a lot and it was a nice time to relax and soak it all in that I was actually on a cruise ship!
The staff was so nice, and I became friends with the guy at the Lido Bar. He let me sit at the bar w/ my cousin even though it's not technically allowed. :-D