Tahitian Princess (RETIRED) Cruise Review to South Pacific - Tahiti

Memories for a Lifetime!

Sail Date: December 07, 2006

The Tahitian Princess is a pretty ship though smaller than others we had been on, so we were apprehensive. But the weather was perfect almost every day. It really was lovely. We would open our balcony door a bit every night and were gently rocked to sleep with light wave sounds. What could be more relaxing!

We enjoyed all the different parts of the ship. I never did try the pool. But it looked very pleasant.

Pros: The Islands and the views of them from the ship-like floating around in a postcard.

Cons: The fact we had to leave.

Recommends Tahitian Princess (RETIRED)? Yes!

Atuona, Hiva Oa, Marquesas
Nothing to do here, we heard. The tender operations were very difficult and looked like a recipe for sea sickness for me, so I skipped it.
Papeete, Tahiti
Went on a circle tour including the visit to James Norman Hall's home, writer of "Mutiny on the Bounty". Really informative. Our tour guide was well informed and a good photographer.
Don't Miss: The waterfall.
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
I could spend more time here. We loved the tour, made us want to return. I've never seen water with so many shades of blue and so clear. I wish I had known just how beautiful this place was and I would have brought snorkle gear. I didn't realize we wouldn't be able to rent any.
Don't Miss: The beaches.
Rangiroa, French Polynesia
Beautiful, especially for the snorklers. Really untouched locale and gorgeous spot to come in. You can see to the bottom at the dock.
Don't Miss: I didn't do it, but the glass bottom boats were plentiful and would have been fun. Go out and just get your feet wet. The lagoon was spectacular.
Atuona, Hiva Oa, Marquesas
Raiatea, French Polynesia
We went to the vanilla plantation and a black pearl farm. It was interesting hearing about both and experiencing it. Unfortunately, the pearl shopping was a disappointment here. It seemed picked over. The vanilla plantation, our host was very informed and I truly understand how it's produced. I thought we would be able to buy bigger bottles of vanilla and was disappointed that they were tiny bottles for $10.00 each. I did buy some beans and am making my own though.
Don't Miss: Ta'aha
Raiatea, French Polynesia
Don't Miss: Ta'aha
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Don't Miss: The beaches.
Papeete, Tahiti
Don't Miss: The waterfall.
Nuku Hiva, Marquesas
I did enjoy the gallery and little port shopping, but there really isn't much here. We enjoyed watching the outrigger practice from the ship.
Nuku Hiva, Marquesas