Don’t Miss Out! Symphony is Stunning!

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Symphony of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 14, 2019

Ship: Symphony of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6230

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

I loved Symphony! My room had a few issues, but you aren’t there to spend a week in your room. Get out and enjoy all this immaculate ship has to offer! Make the most of your time by researching ahead of time, it will make the decision making process easier once you’re onboard and put your mind at ease.

Embarkation

Smoothest of any cruise ship or cruise line I’ve been on. RC has it down to an art.

Ship experiences

Main dining each night was fantastic. Both the service and food was top notch. The buffet was good at breakfast, but I preferred dining outside at Johnny Rockets for breakfast because it was calm and quiet.

The putt-putt course is wheelchair accessible, so check it out! The Flow Rider was entertaining to watch as people gave it a shot.

Every night we walked away from a different show in sheer amazement at the talent and variety. HiRO was so incredible, we saw it twice. If you like Cirque du Soleil, you’ll LOVE HiRO.

I have no children, but I noticed several things my young nephews would have loved.

Everyone onboard was simply outstanding. There wasn’t a single moment that I felt as if I hadn’t been treated exquisitely. I’m confined to a wheelchair and the crew on the Symphony went far beyond anything I would have ever expected to help me out, even when I didn’t need or ask for something. RC really has outdone themselves and I wonder how any other cruise line can live up to the standard they’ve set.

This ship was flawless. I can’t imagine how they could have become anymore creative with design and use of space. It was always clean and cared for by staff around the clock.

My stateroom was VERY spacious, even by my expectations with regard to ADA standards. There were a few issues though, there’s a ramp to get up and out onto the balcony and then another ramp down onto the balcony floor. I wonder why there was a need for either ramp to begin with? As a result, I didn’t use the balcony much because getting out there and even more so back in was difficult because I’m a quadriplegic using a manual wheelchair and have difficulty with inclines. Next was the toilet, my shower chair was unable to roll back far enough to get fully over the commode, so we had to reconfigure the wheels to put the big push wheels in the front, which meant someone had to push me around. Ugh. The biggest issue though was that I was incapable of getting in or out of my room on my own because I was unable to push or pull hard enough to open the door. Even my friends said that it took a hard shove to get it going before the system would “automatically” open it for you the rest of the way. On Disney, I just swiped my room key up to the pad on the door and boom, it opened up all the way without me having to give a single nudge. Had I been alone on Symphony, I would have been forced to ask for help every time I needed in or out of my room. This needs to be addressed (obviously).

Ship tip

Make sure you make reservations for every show ASAP because everything was booked up on our cruise within a day. This will enable you to be able to leisurely arrive instead of getting there early to get in the line for people without reservations.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Do yourself a favor and don’t even think about taking an island tour. Just Google the best beaches and go relax on one with a good restaurant nearby.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

If you want to save money, just go to the end of the pier and catch a dirt cheap taxi ride to Emerald Beach and enjoy the gorgeous water and nice restaurant right over the sand. Definitely better than a boring tour of the island.

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas Did not visit port

Rough waves and strong winds prevented us from docking.

Disembarkation