Lovely Caribbean Cruise

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Symphony of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 16, 2019

Ship: Symphony of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Overall we enjoyed this ship very much. I recommend it for family's of young and older children and if you want to have plenty of entertainment on the ship.

Embarkation

Very smooth and impressive embarkation

Ship experiences

I enjoyed the quality of the food, very clean and lots of choices, even for picky eaters, or for those on a special diet

I thoroughly enjoyed the lazer tag (dont think I stopped laughing the entire time). The escape room was also a blast - even though our team didn't escape.

Incredible Broadway style shows. The most amazing show of all to me was Hiro the water show... similar to the quality of Cirque de Soleil.

My 11 year old wouldn't even want to come and eat dinner with us - he loved it in the kids club.

The staff genuinely wanted to help you and many took the time to get to know you more. Very personable.

The ship is enormous , and so I initially thought that would be a put off to me as I normally like smaller ships. The interesting thing is, the way it is designed - there is so much space that you really don't feel as though you are sailing with 5000 plus people. The only day it felt difficult was on sea days and tying to get a chair near the main pool, so I just went to the adults only section (the solarium) and sat in that area with no problem.

We had an ocean view balcony and it was very comfortable for my husband and I. The room was very clean and was kept that way the entire time. The bathroom may be a little tight but not complaining we just made it work.

Ship tip

The Park Cafe is the best place to eat for breakfast and lunch if you want to avoid the buffets and unhealthy choices. It is never crowded.

Ports of call

Basseterre, St. Kitts

We took a snorkeling excursion on a catamaran and it was wonderful

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

We jumped in a cab and asked them to take us to the best beaches and had a great day.

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas

The new updates to this island are amazing - had so much fun with my family. The water in the water park was freezing cold though so be prepared.

Disembarkation