Bfields Cruise Review on Symphony of the Seas on Sep 21, 2019

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review

Overall rating:

Symphony of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 21, 2019

Ship: Symphony of the Seas

Review summary

I’m not sure what happened to this great ship. We sailed on the Symphony several months back and it was wonderful but something as certainly changes. I hardly recognize any of the staff from the previous crew. Normally I wouldn’t notice but this crew walked, talked, and asked like the life had been sucked of them. I truly only remember interacting with about 20 crew that smiled, were friendly/outgoing, and at least pretended to enjoy their jobs. I do remember ordering drink from bar staff or bar waiters who just looked with blank stares. I can remember a few not even acknowledging my order but started making it. The water show was just ok. Defiantly not up to the caliber of the show a few months back. It was more theatrics then skill. Don’t get me wrong the high wire walkers were great and so was the flying acrobatic lady. The swimming and driving was bad to remember (sad since it’s a water bases show). The kids area was horrible for our 2.5 year old. He’s still in swim diapers so he’s restricted to one kid pool (completely understand since it’s chlorinated vs salt). His area has typical slide, water table, waterfalls etc. Every sea day it was a fight to keep the water works running. The people sitting near the pool, near the kids pool, near the waterworks, near the WATER complained that the waterspouts were getting them wet. So everyday we had to contact the pool supervisor and guest services to get them turned back on. I will say that the pool supervisors were very, very responsive. By the last day, they saw we walking toward them, and they started toward me to say they would have the water back on very soon. Im sorry but if you sit by the pool, the kiddy pool at that, the kiddy pool with squirting water, it seems inherent that you might get wet. Our also didn’t enjoy camp. It seems to be worse the later it got in the evening. It took several nights to figure it out. The camp folks started closing up, backing up, cleaning up all of the toys super early in preparation for closing. Typical the only thing left when we returned to pick him up was cartoons on the tv, chairs for the kids to sit in, and some soft circle climb thingy. Again, what 2.5 year old isn’t going to get fussy if he’s suffering from Borden because all the toys are packed away. The two highlights of our cruise were Natalia in the main dining room (table 555). She treated us so well! Almost unbelievable. Every night when we arrived the table was set with a high chair and a special place for our scooter driving grandfather. The table was always prepared with special treats for our kid. The second highlight was the skating show on the last night. I can’t remember the name but I don’t think it’s a regular show. Seemed like more of an add on designed by the skaters. It was fantastic, high energy, well performed etc. It could have and should have been the main show of the week. I know this was lengthy but it’s a few of my random thoughts.