Beautiful Ship

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Symphony of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 24, 2018

Ship: Symphony of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 7678

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

I would definitely go back and do this cruise again on this ship. I don't think I could downgrade to anything else after experiencing this!

Embarkation

Super Easy getting on the ship. Have your sea pass printed and your passport and you are good to go! Super huge, clean new terminal A has tons of staff waiting to get you onboard quickly!

Ship experiences

Main dining rooms were beautiful. Most of the servers were super nice & attentive. Dinner choices each night were vast. Food was just good to average, not excellent. We didnt use the specialty restaurants, it was impossible to get a reservation since we didnt book them ahead of time. Buffet meals were just ok. Drinks at all the bars and restaurants were super strong and made really well. the only criticism I have is that the restaurants included in the food package all closed by 9 or 930. After that, the only thing available was pizza and some weird lunch meats and mixed/pickled veggies that I would never think of eating. It would have been nice to have a pub or something with a different late night option for food.

Loved having 4 pools and a bunch of hot tubs to choose from! The water slides and the Abyss were super fun (and scary). Our whole family ages 7-68 did the rock wall! We went on the zipline & also did laser tag. Everyone had a blast!

Holy cow! Hairspray was everyone's favorite show- Super funny, cute, tons of talent! Flight was a close 2nd place- SO good- also funny & touching. Hiro was just ok. I dont know what it was about that show I expected it to be better, everyone just said it was so-so and kind of boring at times. Mo5aic was onboard for the headliner and we enjoyed it -they were really funny and talented but the song choices were horrific (just a personal preference thing). The last night of the cruise we went to the comedy show and both comedians killed it. We all were roaring with laughter. Highly recommend!

Our 7 yr old would glare at us when we came to pick her up. Does that say enough? Super friendly staff, too!

Our dining room waiters were 99.9% awesome! We only had one that was kinda cranky or didnt seem to smile much but that was the exception, not the rule. Everyone was so attentive and wanted to make sure we loved every bit of our food or they would make it right. I was approached by no less than 3 managers that gave their card & asked for every bit of feedback, so I know they really take pride in their service & food options! Our room steward was the bomb. Friendly, always smiling, and was super cute with our youngest daughter! She even left him a little note when we left!

WOW. It didn't feel like you are on a boat. I felt like I was in Vegas or something. Central park was beautiful, green, peaceful. The promenade was filled with art & bright light and fun things to look at & is where we spent most of our time. The Boardwalk was our 2nd favorite. you feel like you are at a carnival or a super fun mall or something. Other than the promenade, this is where you would find us most of the time! The ship was always clean, bathrooms were super clean too!

I was surprised at how comfortable we were in our stateroom. Nice layout, art deco-feel to it. Our room was always kept super clean by our steward. The balcony was really spacious with 2 deck chairs, table and foot rest. There is no electrical outlet in the bathroom, so you have to get ready at the vanity and the lighting isn't that great. The bed was really hard but somehow I slept like a baby every night!

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

We didnt get off the ship at Nassau. The excursions seemed pricey & we didnt feel safe getting off and taking a cab to go on our own. The port was really beautiful though, and it was cool to see all the ships coming and going. It was a good day to do everything on the ship we hadnt yet done, though!

Disembarkation