Sun Princess Cruise Review

This 15 day cruise was great, we met so many great people. The service was great, considering that the ship was full. While there were approximagely 2,000 passengers, we never even noticed that there were so many because you never saw them. The shows were ok, but pretty full and therefore hard to find a seat. I feel if you want to be able to have dinner with friends you meet on the ship, you better sign up for "anytime dining," because in main dining you can't add friends to your table. With "anytime dining," you can call for a table with as many as you want.We missed two ports of call because of sickness of passengers, which was ok, because they took care of them. But we still had to pay for the ports of call fee, which I feel should have been returned to us since they did't have to pay. The cost for the ship is in the thousands of dollars they saved...why not us? We didn't get off near the canal because of the time problem, but it is beautiful to see it from the ship. It is jungle and animals. It was very interesting. One thing I noticed was that the captain never told us when there were whales along the ship or things that would have been nice to capture on video. By the time we heard about them, they were gone.Plus, the embarkation was very good. The disembarkation was late, but it wasn't because of the help, it was because of the passengers not checking in to immigration. We could have started leaving at approximately 8:00am, but 9 poeople were not checking into immigration. Everyone has to stay on board till everyone checked in finally at 10:30 they did so we could get off. so if you need to catch plane make it later in evening to be on safe side. People we met are great friend now we can e-mail them and hopefuly plan another trip together next year, 15 days was so much better than 7 days, I would suggest at least a 10 day cruise minimum.The food at the buffet was great and there was food there all night. Not hot, but salads, fruit, breads, cold cuts, and desserts.You would love the cruise director and his side kicks, they are very cool. Most of the passengers were over 50 years of age and I enjoyed that. We had a lot in common. My husband and I are in our 50s so we enjoyed no grandkids yelling. We love our grandkids but 15 days of adults was great...