Statendam Cruise Review to Alaska

Rotterdam dinning

Sail Date: September 07, 2015

My wife and I have just completed our ninth cruise with Holland America. The last two cruises we have seen a real change in the service. Our dinning experience on our last cruise was horrible. The menu was very limited. The presentation was good but that was the end of it. The food was tasteless. Vegetables were not cook and no taste. Meat and fish were poorly prepared and poor quality,. Meat like shoe leather tasteless fish and lamb like mutton. Condiments were not served with appropriate foods and were delivered slowly upon request. ie backed potato with out sour cream. Trout was served skin side up. I ordered a filet meg-non median rare and it came like a quarter inch of shoe leather. The Head waiter's jacket was terrible stained and frankly rather disgusting. Never changed in fourteen days.

The handicap restroom on the upper promenade deck was not a handicap restroom. The entrance was a steel door with out a button to open. Holland America wrote to me saying a wheel chair would fit in. Well and good but you can't  get in.

Holland America advertises that it is a Five Stare Cruise line. Not any more. They don't seem to care as long as their ship is full. We spoke with many passengers and they were all of the same opinion. I might mention that by the end of the cruise the dinning room was half empty.

We are switching Cruise lines

Nice cabin and stewart Ivan was wonderful.

Really enjoyed Duncan Tuck and Amber with the Hal Cats. Servers in the Ocean bar were great/