Statendam Cruise Review

It is not a cruise ship for young people. The food is over-rated, I give it 3 stars at most. All the tours are overpriced, and the on board tour agents won't help you if you don't buy a tour from them.There are no activities on board for active people, the theater is small and always crowded. I ended up reading and eating because there is nothing else to do. The shows and entertainment were lousy. When you finally reach your port of call, you're itching to move around, so you leave the ship and they take you in a bus to shopping malls. Imagine, leaving San Diego and being at sea for four or five days and they take you Walmarts!They don't give you enough time to really explore the islands, except in Honolulu, where you can stay until 12PM. The no tipping policy is not true, they do expect and want tips and the cruise director does her disclaimer about the policy on the last days of the trip. Now about my room. My advice to anyone going to Hawaii is to fly, you get much better value and you will have a much better time. This was my 10th cruise and I would not recommend this cruise to anyone. I do not believe that the crew of this ship showed any interest in the passengers.