Statendam Cruise Review to Alaska

Been on Panama Canal and Alaska

Sail Date: July 01, 2009

I find that I like this ship. I can find my way around easily and really enjoy the entertainment on board. The crew are all A-1 in my opinion. I know some of the Dining Room Stewards from previous cruises and the Dining Room Manager,Riza Harsyahdu,from another cruise. So pleased to meet some of the boys again.

Pros: The crew and meeting some of them from previous cruises. JUST GREAT

Cons: Extra charge for pop!

Recommends Statendam? Yes!

Needs some work done and I heard it is going into Dry Dock and going to be used at the 2010 Olympics here in B.C. for rooms.
Needs some work done for example around the Stateroom window the patch job was very sloppy.
Some of the acts left much to be desired for my preferences. However, other may of enjoyed them.
I only have one BEEF, in that I can never seem to get reserved dining for the entire cruise. I did get it for the Open Dining, which helped to compensate.