Statendam Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Magnificant Masterpiece

Sail Date: July 29, 2007

I think God hand picked this cruise for us as I knew nothing. I went with an inside inside cabin as I figured I would never be in the cabin and I was right. I would go with the same thing again. I found the perfect cruise ship, to see the inside passage of Alaska. It was marvelous. I wish I had known about crusing before. I can't wait to go somewhere again. I hope God blesses me with more money to go again soon. I would like to go to the Mediterranian.

Pros: Glacier Bay viewed through 360 turn arounds as the captain allowed all passengers enough time to take as many photos of the glaciers as they desired. It was AMAZING. The captain, narrated where the animals were so that we wouldn't miss a single one, the care he gave the passengers was incredible.

Cons: The weight I gained from the awesome food.

Recommends Statendam? Yes!

This was the perfect size. Just a couple of things in the room that needed gluing back together. The ship was in immaculate condition.
Gorgeous presentation, top quality, fun, well done.
I have bad knees so I had a scooter, or it would have been very hard for me as we were far away, but it kept the kids from gaining weight. but we were fine.
AWESOME. They all knew our names, they cared about our comfort! We felt part of the family, they were hard workers. Genuine.
Very good quality, didn't always care for everything, that is the reason it is not a perfect score, but that is just me. Still to think you don't have to pay extra for such great shows, is wonderful.
My teens had a great time. My only problem was that the teen room was not assessible by elevator,so with my knees I never got to go up there. I would have liked it to be handicapped assessible.
Juneau, Alaska
My son loved catching Fish at the Hatchery, under 15 you don't need a fishing liscense. You can package the salmon and ship home. The Glacier at Mendenhal was amazing.
Don't Miss: Use your coupon book at each stop
Skagway, Alaska
The train ride was beautiful don't forget your camera and extra batteries. Don't take impressionable teens in the Onion.
Ketchikan, Alaska
It was great. We did the Duck tour. It was great, I would definitely do a tour so you hear the history.