Star Princess Cruise Review

Star Princess

Sail Date: May 26, 2018

Ship: Star Princess

Review Summary

Just got off the Star over the weekend and had an amazing time in Alaska. It was our second time on Star (last time was 2010) and I can see some improvements and refurbished areas since then. The hand washing area in Horizon court is a great idea. Unfortunately the food there has gone downhill but the dining room meals were still decent. We had excellent weather that the captain tried to take credit for and I’m sure it’s a major factor of the 5 star review. Glacier Bay and College Fjord sea days were spectacular and we had extra time at both locations to soak in the sights and sun. Decent calving at both location. We got upgraded to a balcony and I couldn’t be more grateful. When I booked I read that a balcony wasn’t really needed for Alaska but with the sunny weather it made the cruise that much more memorable. The new beds are super comfortable. I loved having a naturalist on board the entire trip and that the rangers came on board for Glacier Bay day. I booked all of my excursions from Princess and was highly satisfied with all of them. White pass rail was canceled due to a rock slide but we rebooked with a shuttle to the summit and it ended up being probably a better choice because we got to get out to take photos. One advice would be to bring motion sickness medications or seabands because the ship rocks quite a bit going through the inner passage. Luckily the seabands worked for me but I heard from other passengers that quite a few people were at medical bay that day.