Star Princess Cruise Review

Star Princess

Sail Date: October 09, 2016

Ship: Star Princess

Review Summary

So it’s been a while since we cruised with Princess. We were on the Star and did the California costal return from Vancouver. The itinerary was great! We had several first time cruisers on board with us and I was excited to introduce them to cruising! I will start by saying that I realize that this was the end of many staff contracts and they just wanted to go home, however that doesn’t give them reason to treat us the way they did! Appalling is a word I would use to describe a good number of the staff. From the lack of service in the bar to having to ask 5 times for extra hangers in our cabin! I have never had such poor service on any trip I have done, be it cruising or land based. Not ALL the staff were horrible, the captain was delightful! He had a quirky way of signing off his announcements that made everyone chuckle! He was present every morning walking around the main areas saying “hi” to everyone. There was one lady (shame on me for not getting her name) at the coffee bar who was lovely as well! The food was good, nothing to rave about but good. We did the behind the scenes tour and that was fantastic! Highly recommend it on any cruise!! This was our first cruise with Princess and I will say that it has tainted me from booking with them again! I am looking forward to our next cruise, NCL Breakaway. This will be out first NCL cruise as well. I have been on RCL ships a few times and have always gotten exceptional service!