Wife's 40th Birthday Gift

Star Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Star Princess

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 28, 2007

Ship: Star Princess

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I'd always dreamed of taking a cruise on the 'Love Boat'.  So when my wife suggested we do a cruise for her 40th, I just to the idea.

Our cruise left from Fort Lauderdale which we had arrived a few days earlier and enjoyed Fort Lauderdale and taking the water taxi.

The cruise ship itself was the largest we had been on at this point and were pretty impressed with the ship and it's size.  We had decided on a Balcony suite which was spectacular.  We would sit on our balcony in the afternoon enjoying a few adult beverages without the loudness of other guests.

The only negative part of our experience was the couple from England that had a huge problem speaking to women.  This made other couple, my wife and I extremely uncomfortable and never sat at that table again.  The other couple were from South Carolina and where amazing people which we had dinner with them a few times.

Overall, the ship was excellent with top notch service from staff and crew.

I'd cruise with Princess again.

Ship experiences

Food and dining was great. Couple from England was ignorant and hated women and felt bad for his wife.

First balcony experience and wont be our last

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Due to weather conditions the ship was not able to doc due to strong winds.

George Town, Grand Cayman

Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)