Alaska from San Francisco

Star Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Star Princess

11 Night Alaska Inside Passage (San Francisco Roundtrip)

Sail Date: August 30, 2014

Ship: Star Princess

Review Summary

We have done Alaska several times before. This was our first out of San Francisco. Embarkation was a little confusing, but as I understand the new cruise terminal is open so I won't waste time on this portion.

The Star Princess is a very nice ship. I enjoy the International Cafe in the Piazza. I buy the Coffee card.,it is approximately $30. Gives you 15 specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee. I prefer this to the coffee in the buffet.

i found the the food in the Main dining room to be good. The service was good a little slow at times, but that's ok with me. The Pizza on the Lido deck was very good.

Sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge was a great experience. We really enjoyed it. What we really like about this itenary is the two days up to Alaska and the two days to return. Very nice to rest before and after.

On this cruise we had to tender in Juneau. So be sure to check prior to booking if you do not want to tender.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Ship Experiences

Inside cabin plenty of storage.

The international cafe is a freak place for a snack. If you are a coffee snob like I am, buy the coffee card. It not only gives you the 15 specialty coffees, it includes unlimited brewed coffee.

Ports Of Call

San Francisco, California

Ketchikan, Alaska

If you are a fan of the Dealiest catch, I reccommend the Bering sea fishermans cruise on the Alutian ballad

Juneau, Alaska

Mendenhal glacier is beautiful.

Skagway, Alaska

Skagway brewery is a good place for lunch and a nice beer.

Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska