Great Cruise

Star Princess Cruise Review to Alaska

Star Princess

7 Night Alaska Inside Passage (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail Date: September 09, 2012

Ship: Star Princess

Review Summary

I liked the Star Princess. It needs a little updating in places, especially the railings on the top levels - they were getting pretty worn and were not smooth in some places. But, overall it is a nice ship, everything is clean, the staff for the most part was amazing and the food was great.

Ship Experiences

The buffet was very good. On some of my past cruises\, the buffet can tend to be almost cafeteria like\, but not on this ship. It was great. The dining room for dinners was very good. We had a couple of dishes that were not wonderful\, but most of the time it was wonderful.

The entertainment was good\, but not as good as some of the other cruises I have been on in the past.

Our room steward Darryl was the best room steward I have ever had in 7 cruises. He was so friendly and willing to help at a moment's notice. He knew all of our names within the first day and always greeted us by name when he saw us. Our wait staff was also superb - Graciano and Luis and the head waiter Jose was so much fun. He called us his happy familia and made us laugh every day.

Rooms were good size and everything was very clean.

Very nice room. Lots of space and love the size of the closet.

Pros: Most of the staff were amazing and the food was great. Our room was a nice size and everything was very clean.

Cons: This was my 7th cruise and I always look forward to the art auction. We met David the art director upon arrival and he was so arrogant and condescending that I ended up not going to the art auction at all.

Recommends Star Princess? Yes!