Star Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

You're not a STAR!

Sail Date: July 01, 2010

Room Type: Suite

Well to start off we decided to g on the ship with another close family(friends). It would be there first cruise and first time to Alaska! We have been there 3 times but it would be there first and our fourth!! They have two children and so do we. The vacation went downhill when we first stepped on to the ship. The staff werent necessarily as nice as they could be. The interior at first glance looked old, worn, and out dated completely! They did update the ship but they should have renovated the whole thing. My wifes mother booked herself and my son a penthouse. The room was ugly and the furniture just wasnt up to other cruise ships standards. The room was supposed to have a did not it had a no english, not knowing anything idk whatever it was but he stated he was not a butler! The worst part- My son and my friends daughter both got norovirus. My son after mabe 9 cruises got it and their daughter on their first cruise got it. The food was horrible on this ship. Also there was no hand sanitizers like there is on other cruise ships. So, basically the bet part was the movies under the stars, the piazza with international cafe. the shows were ok. Destination Anywehre was really good but the rest were blah! Wished it was a ton better not up to princess standards!

Pros: the updated features

Cons: food, public areas, staterooms, overall ship, activites, staff

Recommends Star Princess? No.

Ship was old , out dated, and worn out. Public areas need to update their furniture. They keept sanitizing the room when my son was sick so that was good.
Mostly the food was not good. Not what i expected as our second on Princess. The only good food was at the grill!
the staff seemed bored out of there minds. the cruise director and assisant were literally a JOKE! Some were hard to understand. Princess has def cut back on staff.
The size was small fro a penthouse! the bathroom was ok, but the rooms need to be updated!!!
Not enough fun activites. the bingo and trivia both were bad.