Star Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Love to cruise

Sail Date: July 05, 2009

The Star Princess is a beautiful ship, but the size can be a bit much. I've done many cruises in my days but none so large as the Star. It can be a bit much for someone to travel from end to end and deck to deck, but it gives you a chance to work off some of the great meals on board.
The Scheduliing of the entertainment is a bit tough if you have the late seating for dinner instead of the open seating, you may have to choose between eating in the dining area or seeing a show. Also the quality of entertainment was not what I expected out of Princess. I've had much better on RCC, NCL and Carnival.
The last day when we had a port in Victoria BC you had the feeling the crew no longer cared about you as a customer, the more or less said their goodbyes the night before and suddenly felt as if you should be disembarking instead of visiting in Victoria.

Pros: Service, Food quaility, ease of getting on and off ship

Cons: Entertainment

Recommends Star Princess? Yes!

Scheduling and quality of entertainment was below what I expected from Princess
Bathrooms are difficult to find and small near public areas
Small Shower in inside cabin, hope your not a big person.
They treated you like royalty, that is until the last day.
Ketchikan, Alaska
do your shopping here, best deals
Victoria, British Columbia
Tours are just okay, it's like any big downtown area, waterfront is beautiful
Skagway, Alaska