Excellent Cruise

Star Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Star Princess

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail Date: December 09, 2006

Ship: Star Princess

Review Summary

This was my first cruise and greatly exceeded my expectations. The ship was well maintained and very clean. The buffet and restaurants were great with lots of choices. We were a large group but never had problems finding seating to accomodate us all. The service in the fine dining restaurants was exceptional. My parents and granparents really enjoyed the entertainment and there was a great kids program for my son. My sister and I found lots to do although we would have liked to see a little more night life for our age group. The shore excursions were well organized and there were never long waits for anything. I would certainly recommend this cruise line to anyone considering a vacation.

Ship Experiences

We had the open seating option for dining and it was perfect for us. We were always seated immediately. The ambiance was wonderful.

I would have liked more music options for the twenty+ age group. Other than that the activities were fun and well organized.

My son had a great time.

The lay out of the ship was very user friendly.

Very comfortable. Great room service.

Ports Of Call

The Mayan ruins were great, however, it took most of the morning to get there. Rather than an hour listening to the tour guide talk about the ruins (in the extreme heat) we would rather had walked the ruins on our own and had more time to shop.
Don't Miss: Mayan Ruins

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

We really enjoyed the shore excursion. Dunns Fall was fun and we loved swimming with the stingrays.
Don't Miss: Dunns Fall

Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)

Loved the Island! would have liked more time to snorkle, swim etc......
Don't Miss: snorkeling

Pros: Being pampered by the friendly professional staff

Cons: entertainment was poor for age group 20-30

Recommends Star Princess? Yes!