Filter reviews by

4.5

Small ship cruising through Scotland and Ireland by egw1

Sail date: / Traveled as: Couple
Ship: Star Breeze / Destination: Europe - Western Europe

We loved our trip with Windstar Cruises but realize these are not for everyone. If we had it to do again, we would do less of the ship sponsored excursions. The most enjoyable ports were those where we weren't being shuffled around with a tour group. I expect the excursions we were on were better than you might find on the larger ships (most had about 20-25 people) but you still have to move when you are told to move and you aren't free to do what interests you. I will definitely consider hiring a taxi again - I assumed this is very expensive but when you compare the cost to what it would cost to book two excursions, it is pretty cost-effective. Would we cruise with Windstar again - I think so but I haven't found the right trip to take yet. Although we haven't done many cruises, we've been traveling all over the world for many years and just now starting to appreciate the convenience of having our hotel room travel with us. We have done one party cruise, one river cruise, this small ship ocean cruise and have two more booked in the next year.

1 Comment