Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Vacation of Splendour on the Seas

Sail Date: February 12, 2007

The ship was very clean and set up where you could get to everything easily. The staff was very friendly and helpful.The shows were nice,Vegas style, but I prefer a little more stand-up comedy (there was only one show).The bartenders were very good and kept us entertained. The clubs stayed open until around 2:00, which is not late enough for some of us. The dining staff was exceptional as was the food in the main dining room. I would recommend this ship and itinerary to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

Pros: I liked the indoor pool and hot tub (Solarium).

Cons: The food in the buffet area.

Recommends Splendour of the Seas? Yes!

I loved the Solarium.
It was small, but well maintained.
They didn't have the activities going as often as Carnival.
The main dining was excellent, but the buffet line lacked the variety I would expect of a cruise line.
They went above and beyond.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
You need to take a beach break or Mayan excursion to enjoy yourself here. You can't just get off the boat and hang out on the beach and swim(no place to do it).
Don't Miss: don't (you can't ) miss the shopping
I love Cozumel. It's in my retirement plan. You only need to dive/snorkel Palancar Reef to see why.
Don't Miss: scuba/snorkeling, Chankanaab Park