Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun, Fun, Fun

Sail Date: March 31, 2006

From the time we boarded until we left everything was fabulous and everyone was very friendly and helpful. I liked the fact that the restaurant was open for all 3 meals. I really enjoy "being waited on" and having the option to eat in the dining room was the cherry on top for me.

The excursion options were terrific. I only wish each excursion could have been longer because I was having so much fun. I snorkled in every port and only wish I could have done so for more hours each day in port.

Pros: Lots of great activities planned for the 2 days at sea which made it a blast.

Cons: Having to get off the ship and go home!

I was absolutely impressed with the extra care taken by the Splendour of the Seas staff with respect to the cleanliness of the ship. When we were in port at Costa Maya there was a competitor tied up at an adjoining pier. Even the exterior of the ship looked old and tired in comparison to the ship I was on!
The service at our table was fabulous. Our head waiter was terrific and she did everything to make our time at dinner very enjoyable.

Overall the food was very good and I specifically liked the lighter fare and sugar free dessert options.
The room was always impeccable -- no matter how many times I went in and out and "messed" it up! I thought the towel animals were very cute and it made it fun coming into the stateroom each evening just to see what animal was waiting!
The snorkeling was a bit disappointing because of all the hurricane damage. I did enjoy going to the national park and snorkeling. According to the brochure we were to get helmets and goggles for driving the open vehicles (no windshields). They didn't provide goggles and the sand and road debri was difficult to deal with.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
The guys who ran our snorkeling tour were absolutely phenomenal. They took the time to guide us around the reef and show us specific things. That really made this excursion the best of all of them.
Belize City, Belize
The snorkeling here was great.