Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Ship! Great Cruise!

Sail Date: March 01, 2006

We took this cruise, my husband and I, 3/9/06. Having cruised twice before, this was our first Caribean Cruise and our first with RCCL. WE WERE IMPRESSED. I have to say...I am a very picky eater and found the food quite good to excellent. We were NEVER dissappointed with the dining room and the decor of the ship has been amazing well maintained. We live in Fort Worth, TX and while we flew into Hobby, in Houston, you could drive. We opted for a limo round trip ( wound up being as much as a transfer) and had a VERY easy embarkation. I HIGHLY reccomend trying to be in line to process you paperwork by 11am. The line steadily grows after that and we got right on board and had lunch in the Windjammer.

We did have an OCEANVIEW on deck 2 and while the water was pretty rough heading SOUTH, our sea sick patches made the trip VERY easy while everyone seemed to be having a hard time. I think the lower level cabin in mid-ship was a big help, too!

For the money...this is an excellent cruise! The kids on board (it was spring break) were having a fine time and the smaller kids seemed to be well occupied during the day. None really wandering the ship. The dance club was SRO everynight and we had a wonderful time each night! If you choose this cruise...you will not be dissappointed. It was wonderful!

Pros: The ship, Dining Room Food, The Staff, PLENTY of Lounge Chairs, The Solarium (ADULTS ONLY)

Cons: Lounge chairs, while plentiful were too close together, long lines to pool bar