Not perfect but still lots of fun

Sovereign of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 03, 2007
Ship: Sovereign of the Seas
You have to take this cruise with realistic expectations. Short cruises are always on the oldest ships. This one was renovated in 2004 so we expected it to be in a bit better shape than it was. Our room was fine with the exception of the toilet occasionally not flushing. The same thing happened in the 2 other cabins of our family members. Also, my son's cabin location was not good and couldn't be changed and the bathroom had an offensive smell. The carpets in the hallways always appeared to have wet spots - not sure what that was. Despite all of that, we had a wonderful time although my son was less enthusiastic. The food was better than expected. The majority of staff were wojnderful. We always prefer RC because the staff seems a lot happier than on other ships. Unfortunately we ran into a couple of grumpy waiters at lunch. I think they may feel discouraged because apparently tipping is down since so many dine in the Windjammer and don't feel they have to tip if they dine there which is unfair. I'm really torn about recommending this ship but am leaning toward no until they get another renovation.
Beautiful fun island
Beautiful fun island
I've been there several time so we stay on the ship
I've been there several time so we stay on the ship

Pros: massage

Cons: son's cabin

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas? No.