Great First-Time Cruise!

Sovereign of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: February 01, 2007
Ship: Sovereign of the Seas
Before boarding this ship, I had an idea in mind of what a cruise should be like, and this cruise met my expectations. From the fruity, girly welcome drink as you stepped aboard, to the lively public areas. I thought the food in the dining room was exceptional. However, myself and my fellow travelers did not really experiment with different items on the menu, we stuck with the garlic-butter black angus steak for the majority of our trip. The alchoholic beverages on board were tasty and reasonably priced. I loved the multiple levels around the pool- it allowed much more space for deck chairs. The windjammer was alright- we usually ate their for breakfast only since we found the lunch and dinner items to be only so-so. The Viking Crown Lounge was a lot of fun-- sipping martinis 14 stories above the sea. The staterooms were TINY, with little storage space. They also had an old smell to them. Everything seemed to be new and updated besides the staterooms. The beds and blankets were quite uncomfortable also.

Pros: The staff on the Sovereign was fantastic!

Cons: The staterooms had a nasty, mildewey smell to them

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas? Yes!